- Start soliciting appointments early – as much as three months in advance.
- Develop a convincing proposition for each company as to why they will benefit from a meeting with you.
- Establish a specific agenda for each meeting.
- Develop a “one pager” summarizing the important facts about your company, key products, point of difference, and any performance matrices that set you apart from the competition.
- Consider room-dropping an advance thank you for a planned meeting. This will help remind the person of the appointment. Or do a room drop after the meeting as a thank you to recap what was accomplished.